It's Kombucha time!
Kombucha is a popular fermented tea drink known for its distinct flavor and potential health benefits. It's made by fermenting sweetened tea with a culture called a scoby, resulting in a fizzy drink packed with probiotics, antioxidants, and organic acids.
During your stay in our accommodations, we welcome you with a bottle of kombucha as a special gift. I pour them into whiskey bottles for a stylish touch. If you're a fan of this drink, I can provide you with the starter liquid and scoby so you can start making your own homemade kombucha. Cheers to enjoying the goodness of kombucha!
Making Kombucha is super easy, and you also don't need many ingredients. To make a basic Kombucha you just need:
- Tea (black or green)
- A scoby (called a mother)
- Starter liquid
How to make Kombucha
To make Kombucha, you'll need the starter liquid and a scoby.
- Begin by preparing a very strong black or green tea, about 4 liters or more.
- Dissolve a cup of sugar in the tea, as it serves as food for the scoby.
- Once the tea has cooled to a drinkable temperature, add the scoby and the starter liquid. The scoby is a symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast.
- Allow the mixture to ferment for 6-21 days until the Kombucha is ready to drink.
- For further instructions, you can find helpful explanations on YouTube in three different languages.
Video's about Kombucha making
Oh don't leave without signing up!
By signing up you receive access to all the free stuff and forest updates.